Thursday, September 24, 2009

trip photo





The first picture was taken on my flight home with WestJet on Wednesday morning. I was kind of sleepy (kind of... ha) and nodding off a bit when I glanced out and saw this beautiful scenery... amazing! The second picture is the first one adapted in photoshop.

I just purchased a fabulous book called "Love letters of great men"... the letters are beautiful... and because I think you should go to your library and try to borrow it or go and get a copy of this book yourself I'm going to share a little of one...
This is a letter from Pliny the Younger AD 61 to AD 112 to his wife Calpurnia - each letter has a paragraph or two on the history of the writer...

"You will not believe what a longing for you possesses me. The chief cause of this is my love; and then we have not grown used to be apart. So it comes to pass that I lie awake a great part of the night, thinking of you; and that by day when the hours return at which I was wont to visit you, my feet take me, as it is so truly said, to your chamber, but not finding you there I return, sick and sad at heart, like an excluded lover..."

No comments: