Monday, September 07, 2009

kamloops photos


Here are the guys at the Kamloops Wildlife Park - they had a great time.


Bald Eagle


What you lookin' at?


A beautiful cougar - I don't know if I've ever seen one this close - it was pretty amazing.

Tomorrow is the start of grade 2 for Kyle. He is pretty worried about stuff and as a result has had a tough couple of days.. I'm hoping things get better for him once he is back in the swing of things. It is crazy for me too - grade 2 - holy crap... where did the time go?

Ahhhhh, just had a great bath with my strawberry champagne bath bombs from Candied Beauty over on etsy... fabulous! I made the water a bit too hot though... I can't seem to get the perfect temperature - usually I'm cold or sitting in luke warm water and, I mean, seriously - luke warm water - what the hell... tonight it was scorching hot - my skin is still red/pink and I've been out of the tub for 20 minutes.. lord... still reading the scary book... that was how I passed the time in the tub... what is the scary book... well it is called Food Matters... I'll share more once I've gotten a little farther in the book and speaking of books - 'binder - did you finish Time Travelers? what did you think?

Oh and I've abandoned dairy... until about 30 minutes ago - by complete stupidity I thought I could have some microwave popcorn.. nope - not that kind we had - it actually clearly said product contains milk... it did some damage - but I'm recovering... I've stopped eating/drinking all dairy for about six days... and yes, it has made a difference - how much? Well I want to give it a few weeks and see...

Alright and now since I'm on here.. a rant... I'm watching late night tv - well not really - but it is on in the background and a commercial comes on that grabs my attention - it said vibrate and I was all ears - it was promoting the vibrating touch from Trojan - I'll let you guess what this is and if you don't know what I'm talking about... google it - you'll find it no problem... anyway - so I watch and the commercial has two younger women chatting about how awesome the "touch" is and then there is some whispering, one of the characters asks 'where can she get one' and an older women who's been listening to the conversation tells them to get it online - like she did... and then the younger ones laugh a little... so what's wrong with all that.... well this might be age speaking but what the freakin' hell - do people stop having sex eventually - are there more things no one is telling me about - do married people at some point go... gees I think that was quota - so I'm good for... let's see... for the rest of time... seriously... does that shit happen... I heard tell about married people who started sleeping in different rooms and then I started hearing it more and more and now it seems that damn near everyone I know that is married and over 60 mostly sleep in separate rooms... ok I won't get into that - I'm just disappointed - I mean I know sex won't be the same later in life - I get that some things just won't be working the way they use to but will it all be over... right - I know, you get what you make of it - thanks... thanks for the wise answer... tell me the truth... I know when I was a kid we joked about parents having sex and how that must be terrible and gross and really parents only have sex the same number of times they have children... right... ok, but now that I'm living it and because I see a commercial where young people laugh about older people getting some I thought I'd ask... and now I will go back to my scary book

2 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090908/thl-expert-advocates-sleeping-apart-d831572.html

:)

AmyQ said...

I sure hope it still happens ;) but I am not old enough to give you a definite answer on that.