Saturday, November 07, 2009

another day in the airport

Well today has been (is) a long day. This morning in Ontario I got up at the great hour of 5am (2am in BC) and got ready to fly. I then boarded my flight at 7:15am (4:15am) and made it to Calgary, sat in Calgary for 90 minutes and then flew from Calgary to Kelowna, Kelowna to Vancouver and now I'm hanging out waiting on my next flight... about an hour away. I had great intentions of loading my photos - or some - of the trip but I packed my camera cord in my luggage and don't have it...

Let me say that my short visit to Niagara Falls was amazing and fantastic and everything I needed. I wish I could have stayed forever. I then headed up to Goderich, about three hours from Niagara Falls in a cab. We made our way through small communities and I got to fall in love with brick houses and churches - very amazing! The hotel (inn) that I stayed at was in a beautiful setting and we caught the tale end of fall - which you'll see in my photos. The rooms were big and it was a good stay. The time change kind of ruled my life and I didn't get enough sleep because by the time my body wanted to go to sleep it was nearly time to get up for class - but it was well worth the trip. I picked up a bunch of lessons that I can apply in my work and I got seven points towards my designation completed - now I have nine and I'm getting my next 10 in December in Saskatoon...

I should be in PG around 5, then driving to Quesnel and with any luck I'll load some photos tonight - going to try and stay up and not get too bent out of shape by the jet lag... I'm actually feeling ok today, tired, but I managed to sleep most of the flight from Calgary to Kelowna (actually slept through the landing... very uncharacteristic of me - usually there is panic... but my panic disappeared - I felt like a regular flier as soon as I boarded the Calgary/Kelowna flight... I just found my happy place... I think maybe my happy place went on vacation during previous flights... and off we went...).

Well my loves I'm going to spend the next 20 minutes surfin' the net, board my flight and get home to the family - I hope everyone is enjoying their saturday. Hugs, smooches and more hugs :)

Ok - one more story from the flights today... flying and adjusting to time has been brutal. This morning when I boarded the plane I immediately changed my watch to Calgary time - great.. initially I thought I'd screwed it up because I couldn't believe how long the flight was taking... I was right though. So I get to Calgary and am sitting there... I board at 11am... now I'm sitting on the plane and I can't get it through my head how I'm going to get to Vancouver for 12:15... how could that be... my brain was still pushing the clock forward... it really bugged me - I started thinking I was on the wrong flight and then I started thinking what was wrong with West Jet that we weren't on time... and on and on and then I slept - slept well... when I woke up on the runway in Kelowna the attendant notes that the current time is 11am something er' other and I let out this big "O" - that is how tired I am today... extra super honkin' tired... it may also be that I'm a little slow... but for today, let us just blame it on the lack of sleep.

No comments: