Tuesday, November 17, 2009

crackberry

So I made the switch to the blackberry last week and have spent a week trying to figure it out. I've found a great site to get ringtones and stuff, but was wondering if anyone else has tips for a new user. Let me know :)

Tonight we went to the library and Kyle picked out a pile of books.. all non-fiction. So then tonight we read a sea monster book and I was surprised to read that the kraken was a real thing. That a squid with arms as long as a basketball court came out of the ocean off the coast of Newfoundland and tried to take down a ship (1873ish). The men on board cut two of the arms off and brought one of the arms to shore... no kidding... it also talked about giant octopus off the BC coast and that the largest one ever captured was right off our coastline... who knew? You should have seen Kyle's face when I said it was off the BC coast. He made this great face and then I could see his mind turning.. gees... we live there... gees... maybe we could catch one... so watch out octopus - summer 2010 may be the great octopus hunt for us :)

Final note - is it ok that I hate the new gap commercial for the holidays? is ok that I had a good laugh about the dork that falls at the end of the commercial after trying to ride a guy on the ground like a surf board?

Michael asked if we could put the tree up on the way home tonight (a house on our drive home has launched their christmas display and he is quite taken by it). I think I know why my dad left our christmas stuff to the last minute now - we usually put stuff up on the 22/23 and then took it down before new years... anyone else not feeling it this year...

Later that night... so I'm watching Jay Leno and they had the recent person kicked off of biggest loser... she looked fabulous - but she was wearing the wrong skirt - way too short - in fact they kept changing the camera view to avoid having the view... it looked like someone was trying to tell her not to stand at the end of the interview - but then she did - and well they tried to pan away... but they didn't do it fast enough... and there is my evening... screwin' around with my crackberry and getting flashed...

No comments: