Sunday, November 15, 2009

sunday

Yesterday we made cookies... I need to ice them today. I think we got about 100... ish... all different shapes and sizes. Right now the guys are enjoying a movie that I can't seem to get my head around or maybe I'm choosing not to understand - flamin' Pokemon. Can a guy please explain this to me... what is the attraction? What is so cool about pokemon? (I will also accept a girls explanation if there a girl that gets it.)

We were going to go to Nazko today but the weather is calling for snow and I don't have winter tires on yet. Kind of sad not to go because I wanted to get out and take some photos. I'll load some stuff later this afternoon once we've got some of the cookies decorated and if I actually get my crafting going... my crafting mojo has made a few appearances but lately the mojo would rather have a glass of wine versus actually producing something.

Day 2 without coffee... I'm glad that I didn't have a cup yesterday (survived) - today I would like a cup, but bought some tea to keep me going... ha - flamin' tea... FFS...

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

When I used to work the Science camps, Pokemon was a new craze. I loved Gastly. A black ball of gas. He just seemed strange. A kid gave me the card. It's the only one I have.

Right now, my son loves Pokemon because it stays in the daycare, and the young kids get intro'd to it, so it stays for another year, every year.

I can't stand it because the idea is "we don't get along, so let's get our pets to fight each other, then when they're mangled and hurt, we'll realize that fighting is wrong." I think that's a horrible message. I didn't quite get that when it first came out.

The appeal? They're cute pets with odd names. Quentin's favourite right now is Turtwig. A turtle with a branch growing out of its back that eventually grows into a tree. It is kind of a cool idea.

How many years before you'll make it to a New Year's game night? lol I think we were in bed before midnight last year. Or at least asleep on the couch.

I'm sorry the evil peppermint mochas are taunting you.