Sunday, October 24, 2010

and so... I did it!


Fried Green Tomatoes
Here are some lovely green tomatoes that my parents lovingly grew out in Nazko this summer...













Alright - so the tomatoes are cut into 1/2 inch slices - and then they sit for 15 minutes - after being sprinkled with salt and pepper... if you like that.. so they drain a bit... but these green ones didn't have much to drain... 

Once they've drained then it is time for coating them - dipped in milk (1/2 cup), then flour (1/2 cup), then eggs (2 beaten) and then 3/4 cup bread crumbs and then they get ready for cooking... 















And then into some oil for frying - I didn't use as much as the recipe said - it suggested that a 1/2 inch of oil be in the bottom of the pain - I definitely didn't need that - they cooked for 5 minutes on each side

























And here they are - all ready for my tummy :)
They go ok with ranch dressing... but only ok - maybe it is that my ranch dressing sucks right now...
Looking for a better suggestion.  And yes, I'm the only weirdo in my house that likes them - Kyle tried them and choked it down in an effort to get Michael to try it... but then gagged and said he couldn't do it - Andy tried it to - he made an equally pleased face...  oh well - more for me :)

No comments: