Monday, December 01, 2008

the project - the start of a hooker

I've tried and gotten ok at a number of crafts - knitting - not so good - but I can knit and perl, crocheting - well I'm pretty okay at it and have made a lot over the years... needle point - sure - in the 80's me and my friend use to do a lot of it... chocolate making, cross stitching, drawing, glass etching - I've tried a lot - so my latest venture into the world of crafting was hooking... no - they have not turned the activity of standing on the corner and attracting male attention into a craft - this is all about making a rug or pillow. It is time consuming, but pretty simple - if you have patience. And so - I unveil my first completed (that's right COMPLETED) project! HIP HIP HOORAY - something complete!



So now I'm going to attach this to a pillow and off it will go as a christmas present. What's next? Well I definitely have a project in mind... but I'm not terribly interested in starting it just yet - I have some scrapbooking I want to do and might hold off on new projects until my basement is back in order - which might be as soon as this weekend - the 2nd holiday miracle :)

And speaking of the holidays...


Christmas tree 2008

No comments: