Monday, October 12, 2009

hooray for turkey

Well we made our way out to Nazko today for some yummy turkey... and pie... oh yeah! It was great!

I will point out a few things that I totally laughed about (inside... of course)

1. We just started eating dinner (at 2:20pm... - yes we totally ate again tonight) and Kyle takes a bit of his dinner, keeps eating and then Grandma asks how it is... now I was totally thinking this as he says it out loud... it's good, and chewy. My Dad chuckled, 'cause I think we all realized that we were eating some dry bird... but turkey is turkey - it was good - and gravy made the dry go away...
2. Michael likes cranberry jelly and calls it red jello... he asks for it on sandwiches - and not just on turkey day (sadly tonight he is little under the weather...)
3. And then there was pie... yummy huckleberry pie - berries that we picked just a few weeks ago - Mom says - I guess I should have added cinnamon - there is agreement from both me and my dad - except my dad actually says it - and then she asks what does Kyle think... well - it is bitter... ha... it was... but it was also mighty good - let's face it - I've wanted a good dinner for a while... craving turkey and turkey sandwiches and if you can throw me some pie too - that doesn't have dairy - wicked!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - I hope you all had a great day with your friends and families!

No comments: