Wednesday, October 14, 2009

life of a soccer mom

Tonight I'm trying to wrap up some work for a meeting tomorrow night but before I close up shop I wanted to write about my day. It was a tough day... and there were high lights and low lights - but right now I want to rant... tonight we went to soccer - I had some of my worst anxiety at soccer at the beginning of this year - so just being in the building set me off a bit.. and then we sat down and found ourselves next to a little boy who was being completely ignored by his family... he was given his dinner while his parents screwed off to watch there other phenom child play soccer... so he sat there and did the following and... people - I am not making this up

1. He kicked the metal seats - it was loud and annoying
2. He made a giant mess on the metal seats
3. He put his straw in the sweet and sour sauce and actually slurped it up his straw
4. He then used the same straw to put it into all the other containers that were near him from his dinner
5. He blew his nose into his hand - multiple times
6. He then touched other things ( and we wonder why people get sick)
7. He put his mess in a bag and then tried to stuff into the metal work of the building - at this point I suggested that the garbage can that was two feet in the other direction would work...

This little guy was maybe four - alone - and I just felt bad for him... but it did give me a learning opportunity with Michael because for every bad thing he did - I made sure to say to Michael - wow - that's bad.. and then Michael started to echo me and then when we left he asked me where the bad boy was...

No comments: