Tuesday, October 27, 2009

illness

Well Kyle seems to be on the mend - he isn't coughing as much - which I hope means the antibiotics are working and now my big baby is sick... that's right, Andy is sick... it has come on pretty fast - he was pretty good this morning and now he is full on sick. Slight temperature and now he is drugged up and sleeping... hopefully he will be on the mend soon... I seem to be weathering through all this - I definitely felt like I was getting sick yesterday, but felt pretty good today - even managed to work out tonight... hooray! Didn't go very far, but still got a 40 minute workout in.

I watched biggest loser and boy was it sad tonight... I must have a nearly cried a few times... and even shed a couple of tears.
And now I'm going to go and shower and go read - I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love - great book - I'm not that far in it, but I'm enjoying it. I'm also reading that political book still which I'm enjoying, but I need a block of time to just sit and read and not try and read it before bed. I'm planning to take both books with me next week when I go off to Ontario - if you can believe that I'm going for training there...

On the worrying front - Kyle has upgraded to a loft bed and it has sent me into worry mode. Tonight I've put blankets on the potential risk side - I feel like he is a baby again and I need to build up padding. We've also put padding on the floor, just in case. I don't think I ever fell out of my bunk bed when I was a kid, but I remember my sister falling out of it. Stupid - I kind of wish we hadn't gotten it, but I also get that he really wanted it and that he is growing up - damn it! Now he has a desk, a little book case, a cool fort, and a bed up in the sky...

3 comments:

M said...

I remember that!! Falling out.. really I think it only happened a few times but you get the point fast! Plus I'm not that brain damaged from it lol

the author said...

I wondered if you'd remember that - you were definitely little and it surprises me that you were ever allowed up there in the first place...

Both nights he has slept up there I've given him the 'please remember you are sleeping way off the ground' speech - I put my IKEA step stool in the room tonight so I could reach up to him...
madness I tell you, madness...

The Jaded Bee said...

I never fell off my bunk bed. Although I knocked down the ladder one night freaking out everyone in the house (I was three). I slept through it. Quentin has never fallen out of bed. Jade has. I think we'll still put in the little portable bed rail when she's 10. :)