Friday, October 16, 2009

impetigo

No I didn't sneeze - impetigo is a staph infection that becomes a rash and a little kid at daycare got it... so then today Michael gets a rash and they start to panic - because of course - it must be the same. So I go and pick him up and take him to the doctor. The doctor pretty much laughs at me and tells me to tell my daycare that they are nuts! And repeats it and tells me that I can totally tell them that. We leave...

Fast forward a few hours and his rash is worse and covering more of his body... it isn't impetigo... turns out our little trooper is having an allergic reaction. Now the only thing I can think of is that he changed shirts at daycare and someone washed it in something Michael can't tolerate... or who knows what else... he has some benadryl and things started to settle down. The hives are now gone and he wasn't itchy anymore...

Being at the doctors office at this time of year is terrible though! There are all kinds of sick people... and some are angry. Kyle and Michael were being there happy go-lucky selves and this nasty old lady just wanted to get mad at them... we tried to just sit and be quiet but I mean - really - they are kids - and there is little that can stop them... chocolate... that is about it - and that is super short lived!

No comments: