Sunday, October 11, 2009

the reno

Well it looks like this renovation (unlike past projects) will actually be completed in a timely manner. We finished painting the walls tonight (we... Andy painted the walls) - me and the boys tackled the fire place which took WAY longer than I thought it would take... too much cutting in... and it soaked up paint like a sponge... it needs one more coat though... the ceiling needs a paint job... so I may do that tonight - or I may just read a book... we actually read the instructions for the flooring and realized that the floor needed to adjust to its new climate - so I packed all the flooring upstairs - (my workout for tonight - need to add some sit ups)... what else - well first we are adding to the subfloor by a 1/2 inch because there is a clear drop between our kitchen and hallway into the living room as it stands right now... once the subfloor addition is completed then we can start putting the new laminate down... once the laminate is down we can put things a little back in order and then put the molding back in... there was molding on the ceiling which is NOT going back in - only floor molding will return - hooray.... can't wait to see this project complete... it feels like we really own our house.. crazy!

Photos just as soon as I can show you before and after...

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend...

ps. Didn't get my turkey - turns out the bird that I ordered had grown a little bit too big and was way more bird than the four of us could handle - so we are invading my parents house tomorrow night (night... ha - we've been asked to come and eat at 3pm... that's right - we are officially starting to eat on old people time...)

pps. For the forth consecutive night it is going to below -10 outside... brrrrrr.... thankfully - no snow... and apparently we aren't due for snow for a whlie... GOOD!

No comments: