Tuesday, March 09, 2010

dinner

Tonight was salad night here... the guys had fish sticks (that's right the meal of champions) - I'm really enjoying the herb salad bag from Save-On right now. I know... it is sallllllaaaadddd... blbblllllaaahhhhhh... booooorrrriiinnnnggggg.... but it is good. What works for me... well this salad, an avocado, a half of a red pepper, and some chicken... oh plus a few pecans and a few cranberries - I tried dried cherries on my salad a few days ago and really like that too - those dried cherries are wicked good - it is like having the great taste of a cherry pie without the millions of calories from the crust... yes - it isn't a pie... and I LOVE PIE... but it works in a pinch since I don't typically have pie in the house.

What of the pesnol in the back situation... well I wrote a note in Kyle's book this morning - I wrote that I was disappointed with the situation and I didn't understand how the other kid writing Kyle a note justified any of what happened - I received a reply in his book tonight - that Kyle was a part of the incident (yes, I caught that - the pesnol was in his back), they were both pretending it was a light saber. A phone call was also made to the other boy's parents. Well... a freakin phone call was made - wow... I bet she left an equally lame phone message for the other kids parents that didn't explain anything. I just remember being read the riot act in elementary school over very small things. I did my time in the principals office - not that often - but I did get called in there... why April, why would you get called in there... well I will give you two examples...

1) I got caught throwing a snowball - I was in grade 1 or 2 - and a pile of us all got detentions for being morons - our principal screamed and yelled about the stupidity of throwing snowballs - we had to write lines and sit in silence - I attribute my crappy throwing arm to this situation - many can vouch for my crappy throwing arm - I make it look like I'm going to throw it really nice and smooth and then I tend to release at the wrong time and off the ball goes straight up in the air... (Jen - why isn't there detention any more - or is that an oddity at our school...??)

2) In grade 4 we had a sub - the sub couldn't hear very well and a few of us mean kids started to hum - except that she couldn't hear the humming - the humming sounded like whistling in her hearing aids... she made the mistake of asking who was whistling and then it was on because of course you could hide who was humming - and so a few took turns humming... now what should have happened in this situation - well the principal came in and figured out which of us morons was being stupid and took us into the hall... oh - finger pointing, we were bad kids.. etc.... and then something happened - he made no threat - later he told us how he wanted us to carry on because he didn't like the sub and didn't want her to come back to the school... ahhhhh... so then what happened - well the class walked out after lunch - we actually picked up all our stuff and walked out into the middle of the field - we left her behind - and the principal did nothing - absolutely nothing - and the sub left and the principal got what we wanted and we began to learn lessons about how adults operate... yes - this situation is sad - but it is completely true. What of redemption - how did the fates turn this back on me... well I was a sub - for one semester at a high school - no - they didn't hum at me - no, I was put through FAR FAR worse... freakin' kids...

No comments: