Monday, March 29, 2010

monday

Well, well, well.... it is year end and I'm busy making sure we've spent all our money for this year. Fun.

This weekend I was a monkey again as I climbed up and cleaned up the other apple tree. The other tree is pretty pathetic though - not nearly as full as the one I loaded pictures earlier last week. Still fun though. This weekend I'm going to try and not think about work and actually enjoy time at home... I've got this weekend at home and then the next weekend (April 11) I'll be heading away for two weeks. Six days of leisure and eight of training.

We went to Nazko on Sunday - my mom treated the guys to a Saturday matinee (How to Train your Dragon) and then took them home for the night - so they were pretty exhausted by the time I showed up. We played outside for a while and then when we went in Kyle started to get into a bit of snit - a little too much clean air and not enough napping and he was an unhappy camper. We got in the car to head home and within 30 seconds he was fast asleep - then Michael gabbed me up for about 20 minutes and then he was out. We arrive at Sylvia's which is nearly the half way point and Kyle wakes up and says - gees you drove fast to get us here - I can't believe it - I suggest that he slept and that is why it seemed fast - nope - not a chance - apparently he was awake the whole time.. I confess that I did (do) drive fast but.. not that fast... (ok - it was fast - but seriously - it still took 40 minutes)

And speaking of campers... we met up with one of my staff on Saturday morning and he started to tell her about the afternoon plans for the movie...

"Yep, we watched stuff on mom's computer about the dragon movie to get ready for the movie, we were watching the camper."

Luckily my staff member put a play on words together... "Do you mean.. trailer?"

"Right, right, movie trailer."

This made me think about why we call it a trailer... and the answer is that 'back in the day' the new films were shown at the end of a double feature and so they "trailed" the film... and the name just stuck. A little FYI on this blog... how about that... :)

And with that - I'm off to read, or play cards or do something...
Love to you - hugs, kisses and... wait, one more hug for the road :)

No comments: