Thursday, March 04, 2010

remember poltergeist....

When I was just about 13 I went to a birthday party where we watched poltergeist - that is a scary movie - to this day I have flashes of this film... the pork chop scene, the freakin' tree... the tv... LORD! And then... and then I had kids...

"Mom.... (long and drawn out...)"

What, hun.. what do you need....

"Mom, someone was sitting on my bed last night."

What...

"They were talking to me."

*And now... you have my full freakin' attention...*

Babe, what did they say to you?


"I don't know Mom."

Well if they come again, come and get me... ok...

"Ok, mom."

Yep - this terrified me... until I remembered who I'm married to...
"Psssstttt... April, wake up... there is someone in the house."
(I hear this - while I'm totally and completely asleep... but this comment awakens me like nothing else... - this would be a good fire alarm for me..)
"April - someone is in the house."
What... what... WHAT
"snoring... snoring... snoring"

That's right friends - my husband sleep talks - or rather sleep scares - as after these kinds of conversations he returns to sleep while I go through the whole house looking... searching.. just in case... - so weird stuff at night seems to run in this family - Kyle the sleep walker who talks while walking and scares the crap out of me and Michael the one with a sleep friend...

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

I know I talk in my sleep, and will have full coherent conversations with you if you come in and talk to me (that I won't remember), but I don't think I've ever been accused of sleep-scaring. I don't envy you having to deal with that.