Monday, March 08, 2010

a photo and...

First here is a photo from our trip to Nazko yesterday...



And then... what else.. well Kyle got stabbed with a pencil today... in the freakin' back. How is that for education...
What happened... well I got this rather pathetic voice mail noting that he had been stabbed while he wasn't doing his work in class. So am I getting this right... if he'd been paying attention he wouldn't have been stabbed - really - freakin' really - ARE YOU SURE? You might want to leave better voice mails for parents! Apparently, they were in class and doing work when Kyle and another boy started playing "swords" with pencils and somehow this scene turned into Kyle getting it in his spine - no kidding - it is red and looks sore. Kyle brushed off the whole scene. He was more worried that I'd be pissed at him for playing in class because the teacher called.

Now what... well part of me hates his school because what the freakin' hell is that - um... this is Ms... fill in blank teacher that can't spell - I'm your son's teacher ... (because apparently I'm too stupid to remember who my son's teacher is... even though we've had a few run-ins with her... ) during class today your son was playing with another boy and he was stabbed - I'm sure you'll see the mark in his back - the other student has written an apology note... - alright - so let's bust out the angry parent - the angry parent in me wants to know what the hell kind of punishment that is - wow - a freakin' note... a FREAKIN' note - how about I cram a pencil in your back and see how things go - if I stabbed someone I work with a pencil in the back I wouldn't get off with a note - in fact I'd probably get a pencil in the eye or much much worse... what kind of values are we teaching our kids - alright Kyle - little Johnny wrote down that he is sorry he STABBED YOU IN THE BACK - I'm sure he means it... now run along and play... um - SERIOUSLY! Are we afraid to punish - is that the state of affairs now? Suggestions...
(Jen - please comment - I would love to hear your thoughts on this...)

Ah, another fine day in parenting... and Michael - what of him... well same old - "Mom, can I have some chocolate..." - no... "Please" - no, Michael - "please..... plllleeeaaaassseeeee" - no... sorry dude - chocolate can't be every meal...

No comments: