Saturday, December 26, 2009

a cold

For those who have called the house today, you will know that I'm sick. I sound like there is an extra large sized frog sitting in my throat... plus I'm sneezing A LOT and have the runniest nose I've had in ages... one box of tissue paper was smoked through today... crazy!

All that said whatever this is it is pretty much in my sinus only. I've got some ear pain, but nothing major and my throat doesn't hurt anymore... so I'm hoping this cold moves on.. I've got some time before I return to work and it would sure be nice to have a few days off where I wasn't feelin' crappy... plus I want to get back on the wii fit and don't have the wind to do anything right now.

I finished 'five people you meet in heaven" and I got say it was only okay. 2.7 out of 5. This is another great example of a book that starts well and finishes light. The chapters were big at the beginning of the book and tiny at the end. There were a couple of really good chapters, but I kind of feel like the book could have been another 50 pages longer. I've read far worse, and this book is a good example of breaking a reading rule. I recently heard that if a book is going to be good you'll know by page 22 - which means you'll also know if it isn't going to be good by then too... in this case I'd say if the book had carried on as good as it was at page 22 I'd be telling you that you must read this book... I'm finding this to be the same for eat, pray, love - you see I got through the first two sections of the book and really really liked the book - then I started the love part of the book and I've been less than interested in finishing it... I'm trying to though, want to move on to the next one...

2 hours later... and now my face is burning... gees - my lip feels like it is on fire... arg! Stupid runny nose... stupid, stupid, stupid.

No comments: