Sunday, December 27, 2009

day three

This morning I woke up and thought the cold must be in retreat... departing for a better location. My nose wasn't dripping all over the place and I took that as a sign that things were on the mend. I walked to the bathroom and then quickly realize this cold is nowhere near leaving. I blow my nose and I start bleeding all over the place - great - now I'm a bleeder on the best of days so this doesn't surprise me, but it sucks. Then after it stops I blow my nose again and now I've got air going out my eye... like a stream of air is going out as I blow - what the hell is that... my body is re-routing air ways... not happy.

So it turns out that now rather than my sinus being choked full of all the snot in the free world it has gone back into my throat. Not only does it hurt to swallow it hurts to just breathe air because the passing of air by my tonsil-ish area is torture.

Through all of this I'm happy though - I'm the only one suffering. The guys are just stuck with me not wanting to do much - but really as long as we can play some games or play on the wii or watch some movies they are content. It is still minus a billion here so outside isn't an option anyway.

... later that day....

So we ended up (in true April style) making an agenda for the day..... I know... WTH... but we did... and this appealed to Kyle because this is what his day at school usually looks like. So we made a big list of to do's for the agenda and now we are getting through the list. I thought I was really getting sick about an hour ago but it turns out the heat was just set super high. I went and turned it down because I was going out on the deck to cool off (note that it is minus a billion outside so this is CRAZY) - thinking that I was getting fevers - I actually peeled off most of my clothes and then figured out what was up - I'm still half clothed but whatever.

And what else... well I've enjoyed coffee at the house for a couple of days in a row. Hooray for coffee - and so far I'm not having issues with coffee - no heart burn, no extra pain, no other side effects... you know what is giving me heart burn lately is some wine... there are certain kinds of wine that totally bring on heart burn... what is that... wine is supposed to be a friend :) Anyways - back to the agenda...

No comments: