Thursday, December 10, 2009

stupid side pain

So things aren't any better on the pain front. My ultrasound was clear - or largely clear - doctor couldn't see anything. Then he makes a face and says so that means we need to look at other stuff... so bring on the crappy stuff... now I'm getting booked for not only a ct scan, but also a surgerical consult... so that sucks.

So what's my problem? Well initially I thought I'd just pulled a muscle because when I stretched I'd feel something that just didn't feel right in my side. I kind of wrote it off, (three months of writing off) and then it started happening more often and then it turned into when I ate that area hurt. Now it hurts all the time. It is a dull ache most of the time, kind of feels like the stitch you get in your side when you run to hard to fast - with the exception that it isn't happening when I'm running.... when I eat it gets worse...

Am I ok? Yes... the doctor seemed more upset about it then me. Of course he knows that I have anxiety and I think maybe wondering if I was going to have a fit, but I haven't... and I guess I'm just thinking this is going to go away.... just as quietly as it showed up... I'm stressed out and maybe that is a big piece of it because high stress also makes it hurt... so there is the lame update... blah...

Despite all that - I send you my hugs and kisses and for some (you know who) some extra lovin' - :)

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

I was just thinking. I had/still have at times a weird pain, about half-way between my side and my belly button. Lots of tests and ultrasounds, and then I mention it to my massage therapist who said that it was my ilyacus (sp?) muscle. (Pronounced ill-ee-a-cuss) She massaged it and it was better.

Just a thought. Hope all is well and/or gets better.