Friday, December 25, 2009

what?

Today was good, today was fun, tomorrow will be a better one.

So what does that say.. well to be honest, it was a very laid back kind of day. There was no rush to open gifts - it was very casual. My parents made it for lunch - we had lunch... my brother made it for dinner - we had dinner... opened some gifts and enjoyed each others company. I remembered that giving hugs was better than wearing my grinch costume... it was good.

What was bad... well there had to be some nuggets to share from today... and there were - there nearly wasn't... but one showed up at dinner. First, I'll point out that my mom started swearing. Now I know she's a big girl and likely swears more than I do - well maybe not that much - but she curses... and I've seen that grow over the years... but today, my dad actually made a face once when she cursed. She said both ass and shit in front of the guys and frickin' - which I don't mind as much - but I really don't want them to say it so I don't say it very often... (ok I really try not to... ) Then at dinner Michael was being fussy. It wasn't chicken and fries... turkey - WHAT? Plus I don't think he is feeling that well... but we managed to talk him into eating a few peas. My sister in law and my mom started to tell him to eat a carrot. My sister in law says something smart about carrots and rabbits eye sight and then my brilliant mom says - yes, you want to eat your carrots cause then you'll be able to see at night. So when the monsters come into your room you'll be able to turn on your eyes and scare them away.... WHAT! My mouth dropped open and I couldn't blink - did that just come out of your mouth and my (nearly) four year old just heard that... WHAT! At this point I changed the topic by saying he didn't have to eat carrots, just the peas... and please stop talking - just put some food in your mouth and stop talking.

And now... well everyone is gone. I've got the fireplace going, the guys are watching a movie and then we'll be heading to bed - or they will in about 20 minutes and then I'll be enjoying a glass of wine by the fireplace... what is important for me today is that I actually felt like I had the day off. Yes I checked my blackberry - twice... but I didn't check it incessantly... and I didn't feel like I needed to be thinking about work - I just thought about being with family and had a good day. amazing ;) I hope others had a great day and if you are lucky enough to have a few more days off I hope you'll enjoy them with your family and friends. Our love to you - my friends and family... hugs and kisses and cheers to a pleasantly finished day. xxoo

No comments: