Tuesday, December 01, 2009

and back

Well I survived another road trip. Made it back to Q-town this evening after a longer ride home from Lillooet. The roads were ok - normal winter conditions, but there were some yucky spots. I got to drive back with one of my staff who grew up in Lillooet so I got to visit her homestead and also hear about some of the history of the community.


This is a rock face that is along Hwy 99 which runs from Hat Creek (near Cache Creek) to Whistler. Now there isn't a pull out where this rock is - so you need to find a safe place to pull over and then you get yourself in front of the rock. So we are probably .5 km from the base of the rock where I took this picture. And then you shout at the rock... and it echoes right back at you... so I totally yodeled... yodel-a-he-who... This morning, before we got going, I went and took a few more pictures and also got some more GREAT coffee.... hooray!

Next trip - I leave for Saskatoon for more training on Sunday... I have to leave Quesnel at 4:30am for my 7am flight... blah...

And now a couple more pics...

This is the view from the east side of the Fraser River about 5 km outside of Lillooet on Hwy 12... beeee-u-teeee-full!


Frost covered rose hip - if you click on this one you'll be able to see the tiny crystals shooting up off the rosehip

No comments: