Sunday, December 20, 2009

life without cell

So I turned my cell phone off on Friday night and didn't turn it back on again until late Saturday night - it then received about 70 emails and a bunch of other stuff... I did the same today - I'm tired and need a vacation. I have a couple of days this week and then - done... vacation time.... my body is in desperate need of a break - plus my mind is tending to wonder right now and worry... worry about all the stuff that happened this time last year and I have to keep re-assuring myself that I'm fine. I think with the addition of wine - I should be significantly better this year. I went to reiki this week and I know I'm off because my mind wouldn't settle... just keep going from idea to idea... she noted that I was like a dark cloud when I came in and left with a turquoise glow... sounds good to me - it did help!

Today was my annual diva lunch - and it was a fantastic treat again. I spend a few hours with some great friends I've met through work - this is our fourth year doing it. I got this beautiful picture frame that bends and rotates - it is pretty cool - I also got some yummy shortbread (my favorite kind), and then a raft of other stuff... spoiled - as usual :) It was a beautiful day though. We spent the afternoon shopping - but then at about 2:30 a headache that appeared yesterday rolled back in and has pretty much stayed at my side since. It isn't a regular headache - it is more on the surface of my head... like it hurts to touch my scalp in one spot, and then just aches.. oh and on top of that (listen to me whining..) my earring hole is infected - freakin' hurts - I took my earrings out while we were shopping today and it started bleeding - gross - it was terrible.. so ear infection plus all this stupid head pain - I'm pretty sure that is all connected to my jaw and that it is just making a statement right now... so I'm bulked up on tylenol - which is really keeping it away tonight and plan to go to bed early.

Reading: I've started reading the five people you'll meet in heaven - I'm enjoying it so far... easy language and enjoyable so far. This is from the author that wrote tuesdays with morrie - which I know nothing about... so this is all new for me... I think I'll probably read his other books though now.

No comments: