Sunday, August 23, 2009

canning and more

So the canning went ok - the cans (all four of them) are popping -which means I did my job :) Now I will have beets this winter to enjoy... mmmmm... beets. I got a nice little steam burn on my thumb as a result of my canning exercise today... live and learn, right... followed this up with making enchilladas... easy - came out of the Chatelaine magazine for this month... but of course I made numerous alterations... like - holy - do you really need four cups of cheese... and then gobs of sour cream... so we used light sour cream and didn't double coat everything, we used about 2.5 cups of cheese (still too much) - but I lived outside of my box and followed the instruction to put cumin in - I didn't use beef - went with chicken instead - 'cause that's what was out - and I think it turned out just fine... the guys, however, hated it - Kyle could hardly put a drop in his mouth and Michael actually put some in his mouth and gagged.. his face made me want to throw up as well... good times at our house...

No comments: