Sunday, August 30, 2009

how I celebrated my aunti's birthday

First - Happy Birthday Aunti Jenni!

It was birthday weekend around here... Friday was my Dad's birthday, yesterday was a friend of the families birthday (1 year old) and then today... my fabulous aunti! I wish I had been there to celebrate with some red-neck margaritas...
So today we went to my parents to celebrate dad's birthday... had a yummy lunch and then spent some time outside and had a great day.


The only sunflower that came up in my garden... beautiful! I love sunflowers!


My new favorite photo of Michael - on this visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house he figured out how to climb up the slide that has a swinging ladder... something that Kyle hasn't even figured out... he was about a pleased with himself as he could possibly get...


Here is Kyle showing off his true Steve Irwin skills.. I kid you not, that he comes up to me as we are hiking to the berry location and says "Mom, look at this, isn't it cool." To which I said, "um... that's deer poo" I had a great laugh... and then I made him stand beside the pile to get his photo taken with it... he initially freaked a bit that that was what he was in possession of and then I said, well Steve did that.. and then it was like.. um yeah, you can take my picture with it...


Michael enjoying the huckleberries we found in the forest... one of many that he enjoyed...


Here is my Dad and Kyle picking berries... my Dad couldn't get enough... we finished picking and he was off trying to find another location to go and pick... even though we'd run out of things to fill up...


Here are the biggest berries that I picked today... I know for blueberries this isn't that big - especially the blueberries from the store, but for huckleberries this is pretty good size...


Huckleberry bush... still full with berries... something my dad picked on his last round through the bush... a little token of our trip...


Here are the huckleberries getting transformed into yummy jam...


Here are some of the 27 jars that I was able to get finished.. they are just the single use jars (24) and then a few bigger ones...


This isn't photoshopped or fixed... I was getting ready to leave our berry location - waiting for my dad to come back from his walkabout... and I'm looking at the ground and see this... I'm calling it 'how I found love in nature' - I left it out there... hoping that someone else will also find this and think about a great love in their life - love really is all around


Help me.... help me... don't worry we caught a load of stuff today - two dragon flies - a bunch of grasshoppers and some ants... all of them were returned to where they came from... Kyle just wanted to get a closer look at each one... I loved catching them - I felt so stealth catching dragon flies.. it was like - in your face fast bugs... I caught you... (insert semi-evil laugh)


Well I couldn't help but share this... that's right... this is a photo of dragonflies getting it on! Woohoo! You wouldn't even believe the noise... I mean really... get a room :)


And well I couldn't go without taking one stupid photo of myself...

Well my loves - good night - best wishes on the week ahead - may your week be full of joy!

No comments: