Wednesday, August 05, 2009

no stench

Alright so the smell has cleared from the campsite ... thank GOD! Today we just hung out in Edmonton - spent some money at West Edmonton Mall and went to IKEA... and caved on buying a new mattress for the tent trailer because we just were not sleeping well.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Dawson Creek for the big race... which I'm pretty nervous about right now... I bought a bear bell in preparation for it and I'm picking up a new pack tomorrow before I head out. I should have bought it today but just wasn't really thinking about it - well that's a lie - I've been thinking about it a lot... mostly my thoughts are positive though and how freakin' cool its going to be to cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon... I'm also focusing on the miles and not km... because 22 (ish) km sounds dreadful, while 13 miles... see where I'm going with that... I know - it's retarded - but that's why you keep coming back to read here.. expect no less than my stupidness :)

Love to all!

1 comment:

The Jaded Bee said...

As long as you come out of the race being proud of the 22(ish) km that you'll have taken on, by all means, look forward to the 13 piddly little miles that are ahead of you!

You go girl!