Wednesday, September 14, 2011

what's that... stay home from work you say (a delayed post)

My staff has definitely influenced me because over the past eight years with my job I have rarely taken sick time.  I would rather bring it to the office and share it around like a jerk.  My staff have been sick and I'm the first one to be on them saying- look - you don't need to be here - things can wait - I want healthy, happy staff - go home... and so... in that vein I'm keeping myself home today because if my staff were as sick as I am this morning I'd send them home... shocking - a truly shocking revelation for me... (update - this lasted until I finished writing and then totally went to work for the morning... I'm such a jerk)

Side note - while I was at school yesterday morning one of the teachers says - oh yes, it is that time of year,  all the germs ru nning around again (yes, she meant real germs and was not calling the kids germs... at least not in this instance) -  my daughter was so sick this morning, but I just gave her tylenol and sent her in.  To this I said nothing and knew from that second on that Michael and Kyle will likely both have colds by the end of the month - as this was Michael's teacher and kindergarten tends to be all hands on.  (insert expletive)

Jen - did you like that I totally kept spelling kindergarten like a moron the other day. I've left it that way so other people can mock me for incorrectly spelling things.  The way I was spelling it makes me imagine this great garden somewhere with kinder surprises, something akin to Willy Wonka's factory, and you just sit there eating chocolate and making little dumb prizes that get tossed.

Michael and Kyle got hair cuts today.  Michael looks like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory - I'll post pictures tomorrow - it is pretty funny.  Of course, Sheldon is totally my favourite so it's all good.

2 comments:

The Jaded Bee said...

I do not question when people spell kindergarten the wrong way. I didn't question and instead pictured that mystical garden the way I always do. There are so many people who spell what they hear that I let them, and then yell at my students about learning to spell correctly and give them vocab/spelling words daily. Day 1: floccinaucinihilipilification. Today: Definitely As the celebrations draw closer to the end of the year, I'll point out that "Congradulations" is a pun and they need to stop spelling the word that way.

Do you know how prevalent it is for students/people to write "could of/should of/would of" these days?

ooooo, I'm back in the English classroom! It's just going to get worse.

I'll know in the next 2-3 weeks if I'm going to be on tv getting my house organized for me. I keep going between "relief and happiness" and "panic and anxiety."

I like the sign-in word. undisom

Bed now. Babble stop.

the author said...

Jen - babble totally equals great!
Thank you.

I hope you get the tv show. It will be wild and crazy but I'm sure it will be totally worth it!