Friday, December 16, 2011

Nothing says Christmas like Chewy Peanut Butter sugar cookies

This was an experiment for me - I've made piles of sugar cookies but wanted to make peanut butter flavoured sugar cookies - the regular recipe for peanut butter cookies is no good for rolling out... ha ha - rolling out... we'll get to that...

Recipe.. ah - well I've never tried to flavour my sugar cookies... so it initially went like this...
1 cup margarine or butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
5 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt 


Now while this recipe worked - it was crumbly and not sticking together well - so what should I have done - well either had less peanut butter and more margarine/butter or less flour... lesson learned - so what to do now... well I added more peanut butter and a little bit of soy milk to get everything less crumbly and something I could roll out... roll out... right... enter my brand new rolling pin


Yep - a bottle of blush - yeah for having extra wine in the house that can do double duty 


Hello chewy peanut butter sugar cookies 


My recipe made 60 cookies.  I usually get about 150 out of it but the Chewbacca cutter is kind of big - it is wicked awesome - you can buy your own cutters at Williams Sonoma in South Granville (Vancouver) if you feel compelled.

And now to help that rolling pin out and use it for what it is meant for.


Oh - and it's raining - damned weather


No comments: